Dear patient ,
Hope you’re having a safe holiday season and we wish you a happy and prosperous 2017!!!
Here at KMG we are constantly seeking ways to improve our service to you and make your overall experience a satisfactory one. We would like to decrease the wait time for medication refills and you can help us in this by:
1) bringing ALL medication containers with you to your doctor’s visit and requesting refills AT your doctor’s visit.
With the recent epidemic of deaths due to Narcotic abuse and overuse, the Federal/CDC guidelines have changed and we MUST COMPLY.
The Current Statistics on Opioid Addiction are Terrifying
Calling the opioid problem in the United States an “epidemic” is not overstatement. According to the American Society of Addiction Medicine:
The United States consumes 80% of the world’s opioids.
Fatal overdoses are the #1 cause of accidental death United States – 47,055 deaths in 2014.
4 out of 5 heroin abusers were addicted to prescription painkillers before switching to heroin.
Currently, 78 Americans die every day because of opioids.
Over the past 10 years, fatal opioid overdoses among females have skyrocketed by 450%.
All patients on narcotic medications must have:
- a monthly visit to evaluate the need for and appropriate use of these medications. This includes diagnostic testing to determine the need for ongoing use of medication.
- Intermittent drug testing
- Scheduled interval pain management evaluations
- Participate in non pharmaceutical methods of pain control and management.
- An understanding that we will firmly enforce the terms of our pain contracts
We are your partners in maintaining your good health and wellbeing — a most invaluable asset— we are doing our best to understand and address your needs and concerns in an efficient and caring manner. We know that making adjustments in pain meds is a hard change and we are trying to make it reasonable/doable
Let us work together to make you healthy happy and safe
Samuel Wilson MD